Hi everyone, I’m Ria a working boy mum to 2 toddlers Naeem 2 and Rayan 1. I live in London and I blog & vlog about all things motherhood and lifestyle related and everything in between. I look forward to interacting with you on my social media accounts so be sure to follow & subscribe 🙂
So let’s get straight into the questions
1. How old were you when you had your first child? 27
2. What was the hardest thing about being pregnant for 9 months? Depends if we’re talking about my 1st pregnancy or my 2nd pregnancy lol. 1st pregnancy was mainly just aches and not being able to get comfortable whilst trying to sleep. 2nd pregnancy was throwing up so bad at work that my back gave way so I couldn’t sit or stand, I had to be taken to a&e or even the time I threw up in front of the lift in my work lobby EMBARRASSING!! Let’s just my 2nd pregnancy wasn’t an easy ride!
3. Can you think of any good things you enjoyed during those 9 months? With both pregnancies I loved the body confidence boost I got. I felt good about myself, I had a glow, dare I say I felt sexy with my bump lol I also enjoyed everyone catering to my needs.
4. In your opinion, were all the things you heard about childbirth accurate or way off? Erm, I’d say a bit of both some true for my 1st and not my 2nd some true for my 2nd but not my 1st. The biggest lie I was told was it gets easier 2nd time around LOL!
5. Would you have handled childbirth differently if you could re-do it? Erm not really because it’s beyond my control both my deliveries were different. I was induced both times. 1st time was really quick to get started then stalled but delivery was calm. 2nd time took ages to start but then went from 0-100 and delivery was super quick but definitely wasn’t calm lol.
6. What would be your advice for someone who is about to have a baby? Take each moment as it comes as much as you can try and plan, there are so many things you cannot predict so just go with the flow and don’t be too hard on yourself there’s no manual for this, we’re all winging it.
7. What has been the hardest thing about being a mum? Having to be the adult lol. I’d say the feeling of being overwhelmed, like you’re not enough and can’t do anything right. Usually caused by lack of sleep especially when the little ones are poorly you just want to take their suffering away.
8. What has been the most rewarding thing about being a mum? Omg there are so many rewarding things, just looking at them and realising that you did that, hitting milestones, seeing them laugh and their hugs and sloppy kisses.
9. What was the most surprising thing you discovered about being a mum? How quick the kids grow up. You always hear people say they grow so fast but you don’t actually realise how fast until you’re in it. They grow up like a flash.
10. What is the best memory you have involving your child? The day Rayan was able to leave NICU I was so happy I cried a little.
11. What was the most exciting milestone? Seeing the take their 1st steps.
12. What is the worst thing your child has ever done? Poured flour into my black clothed sofa!!
13. What habit did you wish your child didn’t have? So my son has these jeans & wellies that he must put on as soon as he wakes up. Literally gets out the bed to put the jeans & wellies on and if we put any other clothes on him like tracksuit bottoms or something he takes it off to put the jeans on. It’s so annoying but we’ve hid the boots now though.
14. What habit of theirs makes you most proud? Naeem is very helpful and I hope he stays that way when he’s older. He’s also really caring towards Rayan.
15. Do you share any similarities with your child (both Physical and Personality)? I’d like to think me & Naeem look alike. What do you think?
16. Where would you like your child to be in 10 years? Excelling at school and forming into a respectful, lovable and outgoing young boy who’s caring.
17. What is something that having a child has taught you? PATIENCE!!! Without patience you can’t be a mother. Some things you just got to laugh or you’ll cry 😂
18. Did you imagine that you’d be a mom at the age that you became a mom? No I actually thought I’d be a young mum and had kids from like 21.
19. Describe your child in a single sentence? The boys are such characters and very boisterous too.
20. How have you changed as a person since becoming a mum? It’s made me more responsible and more hungry to do better in life because I’m no longer just doing it for myself I’m doing for the kids too.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube.Kind regards,Ria xxInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/ria_ri_ri/Blog: www.mrscocoblogs.comYouTube: www.youtube.com/c/riariri